Together witht the Introduction course this course gives participants a sufficient foundation to start implementing Scrum in their companies. A training course will always be a mere beginning, however, upon completion our newly qualified Scrum Masters will be ready to take on the new challenges with integrity and credibility.
The training course delivers inspiration, contemplation and practical exercises to encourage participants to reflect and gain new perspectives. We emphasize teamwork as well as the individual – how to help them reach their full potential and remove the barriers that are holding people back.
Find the other courses here:
The Scrum Master Role
Much work today falls into the Complex Domain, the claim is that by having a dedicated role responsible for the process, learning and constant improvement, organizations stand a better chance of superior performance, value gained per unit of ressource spent. The role of Scrum Master was defined in the 1990'es by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland. It got foothold with metaphors like the conductor of the orchestra, the coach of the Team, the sheepdog protecting the Sheep.
- Reflection – Stopping up and learning current status of knowledge of Agile, Lean and Scrum now
- The values – achieved by working the Agile Lean way
- The process – and the events or meetings in details, Working in sprints
- Scrum in a historical perspective – Lean, Cynefin, Agile Manifesto, the Toyota Production System, Lean Thinking, the creation of Scrum, the Learning Organization
- The Scrum Flow revisited – Different ways to illustrate the pattern
- The Artifacts – Boards, spreadsheets, tools, overview, backlog items, stories etc.
- The Scrum Master – Details regarding Teams, the Coach for the Team and the organization
- Compromises and adaptations – Mixing in event driven kind of work like support and daily operations, Kanban
- Scaling of Scrum, Agile Lean Leadership i organisationen
- Deep Dive – Questions & Answers, Finalizing
Find a pdf invitation to the course here: Scrum Invitation
When the one-day courses in the Agile Lean Leadership program are delivered online they follow a slightly different format due to the very different nature of online courses.
First of all, where a physical course lasts a full working day, the same online course consists of two 3-hour sessions, one delivered in the morning and one in the afternoon. Each session is in 3 sections with a 10 minute break in between. We try to go for sessions 8:30-11:30 and 12:30-15:30.
To compensate for the shorter exposure time, the participants are required to do some homework before the course. Each of the courses either has an accompanying “Birds’ Eye View” document that we ask the participant to read or a video to watch beforehand. We also ask participants to take a small survey that covers the content of this material to improve imprinting the learning. This is required for a successful outcome of the course. As additional preparation we ask each participant to bring 3-5 questions to the training regarding topics he or she would like to discuss.
Our online course content is compact and focused, but we always prioritize activities that focus on dialog and interaction as well. We assume the participant has read the Bird’s Eye View and has it available for reference. So, in John Wayne’s words “we ride hard and fast!”.
About a week after the training course we offer participants a one hour online retrospective for follow-up questions and clarifications. It is not mandatory, but it does provide a space for people to ask questions before taking the online test.
It is our experience that the format of 2 x 3 hours of course sessions for online courses represent the absolute maximum participants can benefit from in a day. It is therefore important that participants prioritize time for preparation as well to get maximum benefit from the course. In order to ensure sufficient interaction between the instructor and participants please note that we either limit the number of participants 10-12 people for a course, or we choose the option of adding an extra instructor for classes of more than that number.
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 800, NOK/SEK 6,500 or DKK 4,800 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900, NOK/SEK 7,200 or DKK 5,400.*
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership two-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,500 or DKK 9,000 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,650, NOK 15,900 or DKK 10,000.
- All Prices are excl. Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 190, NOK/SEK 1.600 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at email@example.com, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 65, NOK/SEK 550 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…
*Except for the Agile Lean Leadership Executive Course which is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 825, USD 1000, NOK/SEK 8,300 or DKK 6,100 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 920, USD 1,100, NOK/SEK 9,300 or DKK 6,800.*