The principles and practices of the role, focusing on the internal workings of the Team or the Circle. This course focuses on the role of the “Executive Officer” (XO), the “Scrum Master”, the “Team Master”, the “Coach” , the “Road Clearer” or the “COO”. This person looks at the internals of the organization, the people, the processes, the communication and the patterns of behavior, always optimizing and removing impediments, always focusing on learning. Read a PDF description of the course here…
Find the other courses here:
Agile Lean Leadership context
Much work today falls into the Complex Domain, the claim is that by having a dedicated role responsible for the process, learning and constant imporvement, orgnaizations stand a better chance of superior performance, value gained per unit of ressource spent.
Scrum and Agile patterns
The role Scrum Master was defined in the 1990'es by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland. It got foothold with metaphors like the conductor of the orchestra, the coach of the Team, the sheepdog protecting the Sheep.
Content and Agenda
- Reflection – Stopping up and learning current status of knowledge of Agile, Lean and Scrum now
- The values – achieved by working the Agile Lean way
- The process – and the events or meetings in details, Working in sprints
- Scrum in a historical perspective – Lean, Cynefin, Agile Manifesto, the Toyota Production System, Lean Thinking, the creation of Scrum, the Learning Organization
- The Scrum Flow revisited – Different ways to illustrate the pattern
- The Artifacts – Boards, spreadsheets, tools, overview, backlog items, stories etc.
- The Scrum Master – Details regarding Teams, the Coach for the Team and the organization
- Compromises and adaptations – Mixing in event driven kind of work like support and daily operations, Kanban
- Scaling of Scrum, Agile Lean Leadership i organisationen
- Deep Dive – Questions & Answers, Finalizing
“It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.” – W. Edwards Deming
Agenda - The online course
When the courses are delivered online, the content is largely the same, but the structure and the ways we engage the participants are very different. A course that normally last one physical day is split into three (3) "sessions" each of 2½-3 hours length. We aim for 2½ hours, but please reserve 3 hours in you planning if there is a lot of questions and good discussions. The number of participants in online training courses are normally limited to 10-12, experience show that it turns into a lecture not a course if the are more people.
Session 1 - The Details of Scrum
- Warming up, "tuning in", Reflecting on the current understanding of Agile and Scrum
- Revisiting the backlog and the benefits
- Exercise in constant improvement
- Recap the Scrum Flow
Session 2 - The big picture and the flow
- The Scrum meetings in detail, discussion and workshop
- The Scrum pattern told as a fairy tale, the big picture
- The Scrum Masters work with the orgnaization
- Questions and Answers
Session 3 - Details and predictability
- The history of Scrum and Agile in detail
- Scrum Artifacts and other visualizations
- A bit about Kanban and mixing other types of work into Scrum and Agile, other compromises
- Questions & Answers, Finalizing
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public ALL one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 720 or DKK 4,950 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900 or DKK 5,400.
- Each public Public ALL-Certified to-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,350 or DKK 9,450 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,500 or DKK 10,450.
- All Prices are excluding Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 180 or DKK 1,200. Read more here…
- Registration via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at email@example.com. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 60 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…