Much work today falls into the Complex Domain, where there are no prior examples to reference and where solutions may have to be deduced by experiment. In such circumstances, traditional plan-driven approaches don’t work, the claim is, that allowing one particular role (The Product Owner) to focus on the prioritization of effort to obtain maximum value, gives optimal results. The Product Owner is a central figure in every organization that wants to use Scrum.
This one-day course can be taken in an extension of the one-day Introduction course. This means that in the time span of two days we train people to assume and fill out the role of Product Owner successfully in their projects. Upon completion, the new Product Owners will have learned enough tools to be ready to embark on a journey towards great results.
In this course, for Product Owners we focus on complexity and on the strategic aspect of how to find the optimal use for our resources. The Product Owner is the person responsible for value creation, return on investment and is always looking out towards the market, customers and the stakeholders. It is systematically discussed how to secure feedback from customers and develop an ability to assess and estimate value based on even fragmented knowledge. The course also focuses on building a vision and methods fo decomposing larger requirements into smaller units.
Upon successful completion of the training, each participant will have a two-year membership of the Agile Lean Leadership Network, where additional material and information about Agile, Lean and Scrum is available. Attendees are required to take an online test after the training course to be approved as Product Owner by ALL. Attendees will receive training materials and electronic copies of presentations, videos, and materials produced during the course.
Who should attend? Product Owners, Product Managers or anyone interested in Agile work and getting the most out of your efforts. We will send information to all participants approximately one week in advance.
Find the other courses in our catalogue here:
- Opening Gambit – Transparency
- Backlog and Backlog Items
- Product Goal and Vision
- The Scrum Framework revisited
- The Product Owner in detail
- The Vanilla Scrum Artifacts
- Impact and value estimation
- Advanced Backlog topics
- Deep Dive Questions & Answers
Physical courses start at 09:00 and end at approximately 17:00 each day.
Get a PDF invitation here...
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 800, NOK/SEK 6,500 or DKK 4,800 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900, NOK/SEK 7,200 or DKK 5,400.*
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership two-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,500 or DKK 9,000 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,650, NOK 15,900 or DKK 10,000.
- All Prices are excl. Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 190, NOK/SEK 1.600 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at email@example.com. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 65, NOK/SEK 550 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…
*Except for the Agile Lean Leadership Executive Course which is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 825, USD 1000, NOK/SEK 8,300 or DKK 6,100 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 920, USD 1,100, NOK/SEK 9,300 or DKK 6,800.*