If you want people to change behavior, you have to give them tools that allow them to do so.
This course covers the practicalities of introducing Agile Lean Leadership (ALL) into an organization. Example Patterns, methods and templates are presented and discussed. This ALL Practition course is for leaders who want to get a solid handle on templates, tools and patterns that can be used for helping transform an organization. The course builds on the Foundation or the Executive course and provides the participant with practical tools for implementation within an organization. Read a PDF description of the course here…
Agile Lean Leadership Context
Understand the practical implications of the prevailing management Neo-Taylorist paradigm versus ALL. Being able to address the ethical dilemmas.
An insight into different tools and workgroup methods that enable leaders to analyze and assess the current status of their organizations.
Case stories of how others have solved challenges and exploited opportunities. Examination of sample patterns, tools, practices and templates.
Understand the mechanisms that make people in an organization willing to try to change. The importance of psychological safety and disciplined reflection.
- What is the real difference? Highlighting the implications of the Neo-Taylorist approach versus ALL. Exercise to describe the differences and how to spot the status of the organization in practice. The ethical dilemmas:
- Wicked problems. Exploitation or sustainability?
- Concrete tools for the Leader – How can the leader get a reasonable understanding of the present situation the potential for positive charge and then be able to monitor the development?
- Produce an ALL Canvas to lay out the key factors
- The Future Backwards exercise: understand the present and options for moving in the desired direction?
- Cynefin assessment. Individual evaluation – in which domain are people comfortable and can contribute?
- Templates for working with complex challenges.
- Value and Impact estimation. Value follow up.
- Organizational tools and templates – Organizational canvas and Relationship diagram. Circle and relationships manifests, different examples. Various blackboard templates for investigation and problem solving. Roadmaps at large.
- Organizational patterns – Patterns are helpful ideas that can be used as scaffolding, when applying ALL values and principles in context. Contracts, employment etc.
- A mix of planned and event driven work
- Crisis, sudden drops into Chaos, crews, re-teaming.
- ALL Adaptor pattern for incomplete transitions
- ALL in an imperfect world – Often it is not possible to have the perfect Team, supplier or complete ALL transition:
- Team Members pulled out for other work.
- Dependencies on outside experts or other resources.
- Too few, immature or demotivated Team members. Patterns for conflict resolution.
- Change – in behavior, driven by clear purpose, useful tools, psychological safety and submitting to transparency.
“Nobody changes by being told, they have to be shown!” – Timothy Keller
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public ALL one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 720, NOK/SEK 6,400 or DKK 4,950 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 800, NOK/SEK 6,990 or DKK 5,400.
- Each public Public ALL-Certified to-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,350, NOK/SEK 12,300 or DKK 9,450 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,500, NOK/SEK 13,500 or DKK 10,450.
- All Prices are excluding Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 180, NOK/SEK 1.600 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at email@example.com, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 60, NOK/SEK 540 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…