Product Owner Course
With our course for Product Owners, we focus on complexity and on the strategic aspect of how to find the optimal use of our resources. The Product Owner is a central figure in every organization that wants to use Scrum. In this course, we train people in the time span of two days to assume and fill out the role of Product Owner in their projects. Upon completion, the new Product Owners will have learned enough tools to be ready to embark on a journey toward great results.
Steve Denning of Forbes Magazine is quoted to have said that Scrum is ‘a major management discovery’. Scrum makes it possible to create solutions even though we find ourselves in complex situations. This is achieved by introducing boundaries or constraints such as working in iterations, clear and distinct roles with precise responsibility, regular meetings, and total clarity and transparency in the process. The result is a culture in the organization capable of reacting positively towards change and new challenges – the focal point is constant improvement. The Scrum method implicitly creates an increase in job satisfaction and creativity.
The Scrum Product Owner is the person, who takes responsibility for the business value of the project and the work, He prioritizes constantly and conveys the specifications for the solution. This practical, interactive course teaches the participants core skills to assume the responsibility of the Product Owner with confidence. The theoretical material is taught using creative and practical exercises throughout the course. Participants will attain a new perspective and approach to project management, estimation, improving visibility and much more. The course also offers a thorough survey of the advantages the Scrum method produces, seen from a businesslike point of view.
- Overview and details of the Scrum method
- The historical and theoretical foundation for Scrum
- How to effectively lead, prioritize and analyze the value
- Visibility by means of backlogs, burn-down charts, etc.
- How to keep stakeholders happy
- How to work as a Product Owner using the backlog and specification
- The collaboration between the Product Owner and the rest of the organization
- Estimation, planning, risk analysis, and prioritizing
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will have a two-year membership of the Agile Lean Leadership Network, where additional material and information about Agile, Lean, and Scrum is available. Attendees are required to take an online test after the training course to be approved as Product Owners by ALL. Attendees will receive training materials and electronic copies of presentations, videos, and materials produced during the course.
Who should attend? Product Owners, Product Managers or anyone interested in Agile work and getting the most out of your efforts. No prior knowledge of Scrum or Agile methods is required although some prior reading is recommended. We will send information to all participants approximately one week in advance.
Agenda Day 1
- Warming up
- An exercise in constant improvement and more
- Why Agile, Lean, and Scrum, adapting to complexity
- The Scrum framework as a fairy tale, the big picture
- Scrum Roles and responsibility
- Scrum Events and Artifacts
- A bit about Kanban and its use
- Raising common understanding and estimating
- Questions & Answers, Finalizing
Agenda Day 2
- Opening Gambit – Transparency
- Backlog and Backlog Items
- Product Goal and Vision
- The Scrum Framework revisited
- The Product Owner in detail
- The Vanilla Scrum Artifacts
- Impact and value estimation
- Advanced Backlog topics
- Deep Dive Questions & Answers
Physical courses start at 09:00 and end at approximately 17:00 each day.
Get a PDF invitation here…
Or go to our shop hereProduct Owner Courses
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 800, NOK/SEK 6,500 or DKK 4,800 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900, NOK/SEK 7,200 or DKK 5,400.*
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership two-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,500 or DKK 9,000 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,650, NOK 15,900 or DKK 10,000.
- All Prices are excl. Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 190, NOK/SEK 1.600 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at email@example.com, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 65, NOK/SEK 550 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…
*Except for the Agile Lean Leadership Executive Course which is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 825, USD 1000, NOK/SEK 8,300 or DKK 6,100 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 920, USD 1,100, NOK/SEK 9,300 or DKK 6,800.*