We train people and organizations in Scrum and other Agile and Lean principles. The training program is a set of courses and services focusing on leadership based on values, principles and patterns of Scrum, Agile and Lean. They are generalized so they can be used throughout the whole organization. The Agile Lean Leadership (ALL) course program currently consists of six one-day courses:
See list of public courses here...
Agile Lean Leadership Training Courses
This introduction gives people a good understanding of Agile Lean Leadership (ALL), its background and benefits. Also why it is necessary to break out of the Neo-Tayloristic mindset of hierarchies. A one hour presentation.
The presentation gives participants a clear understanding of the practical details that can and should be addressed in organizations using Agile Lean Leadership (ALL). A one hour presentation.
An introduction to the background, the mindset, the principles and the structure of Scrum, Kanban and general Agile and Lean principles. The course provides an understanding of constant improvement, empirical process control, self-organizing teams, sense-making and tackling complexity. Estimation and risk assessment is covered together with basic prioritization.
The principles and practices of the role, focusing on the internal workings of the Team or the Circle. This course focuses on the role of the "Executive Officer", the "Scrum Master", the “Team Master”, the "Coach" , the "Road Clearer" or the "COO". This person looks at the internals of the organization, the people, the processes and the patterns of behavior, always optimizing and removing impediments, always focusing on learning.
The Advanced Scrum Master course is a three-hour course that expands on relevant Scrum Master related topics. The course seeks to further equip Scrum Masters to handle the inherent challenges and diverse tasks pertaining to the important Scrum Master role. The course adds on the original Scrum Master course with advanced theory, practice reflection and opportunities for discussion and problem solving.
The principles and practices of the role, focusing on the customer, the client or the beneficiary of the Team or the Circle. This course focuses on the role of the "Strategy Owner", the “Team Captain”, the Scrum "Product Owner" or the "CEO". This person is responsible for value creation, return on investment and is always looking out. He or she focuses on customers, competitors and society at large, aiming to create as much value as possible with the available resources (including time).
A thorough discussion of the fundamental ALL patterns for building an organization that is fast, reliable, resilient and innovative. It is about making change happen and addresses the Agile Context, leadership requirements, characteristics and building blocks of the organization. The goal is to develop that special culture based on trust, constant improvement, pride of workmanship, intrinsic motivation and organization for complexity. How to launch initiatives to make this culture emerge.
A compact introduction to the background and the mindset in Scrum, Agile and Lean plus the core patterns of ALL, courses #1, #2 and #4 combined. Learn different monitoring, estimation, risk assessment and basic prioritization techniques. Learn the fundamental patterns for building an organization that is fast, reliable, resilient and innovative. How to organize for complexity, developing trust, constant improvement, pride of workmanship and intrinsic motivation.
A course of practical patterns, templates and methods to take ALL into daily use and development. How to design an organization and scale up across many teams, projects and initiatives. Starting from the periphery, with real customers and working towards the service teams in the center. How to handle and escalate service requests, opportunities and issues. How to tackle crisis in an agile organization. The mundane business of employment, contracts and hard constraints (legislation for example).
An introduction to the principles and practices of the Agile Team and how to be a Team Member. The Team holds the exact skills and competencies and creates the concrete solutions. How to adapt to working in a Team and in Circles. What to do at the personal level. Some people might prefer to work mostly alone, in an expert role, this becomes a sort of one-man team. How to participate in the constant improvement and the learning organization, accepting challenges and growing new areas of competences, working for transparency and mutual respect.
An in-depth specification course, of practices and techniques for achieving common understanding and clarifying specifications of complex jobs. Reaching a common understanding of "Why", "What" needs to be done "When" for "Who" when working on highly complex assignments. Traditional specification methods are not sufficient, creating too many misunderstandings, leading to expensive rework or unintended side-effects. Techniques to communicate are taught, user stories, state event tables, story maps, acceptance criteria etc. Meetings and review sessions, how to lead and facilitate those.
- The Appetizers 1 and 2 are beneficial but are not a prerequisite for the other courses.
- Course 1 is a prerequisite for course 2, which can also be fulfilled by a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course.
- Course 1 is a prerequisite for course 1a and 1b.
- Course 1a is a prerequisite for course 5, which can also be fulfilled by a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) course.
- Course 1b is a prerequisite for course 6, which can also be fulfilled by a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course.
- Course 2 is a prerequisite for course 4.
- Course 3 is a combination of 1, 2 and 4 for executives who are less concerned about Scrum, Kanban and Agile at the Team level.
When the one-day courses in the Agile Lean Leadership program are delivered online they follow a slightly different format due to the very different nature of online courses.
First of all, where a physical course lasts a full working day, the same online course consists of two 3-hour sessions, one delivered in the morning and one in the afternoon. Each session is in 3 sections with a 10 minute break in between. We try to go for sessions 8:30-11:30 and 12:30-15:30.
To compensate for the shorter exposure time, the participants are required to do some homework before the course. Each of the courses either has an accompanying “Birds’ Eye View” document that we ask the participant to read or a video to watch beforehand. We also ask participants to take a small survey that covers the content of this material to improve imprinting the learning. This is required for a successful outcome of the course. As additional preparation we ask each participant to bring 3-5 questions to the training regarding topics he or she would like to discuss.
Our online course content is compact and focused, but we always prioritize activities that focus on dialog and interaction as well. We assume the participant has read the Bird’s Eye View and has it available for reference. So, in John Wayne’s words “we ride hard and fast!”.
About a week after the training course we offer participants a one hour online retrospective for follow-up questions and clarifications. It is not mandatory, but it does provide a space for people to ask questions before taking the online test.
It is our experience that the format of 2 x 3 hours of course sessions for online courses represent the absolute maximum participants can benefit from in a day. It is therefore important that participants prioritize time for preparation as well to get maximum benefit from the course. In order to ensure sufficient interaction between the instructor and participants please note that we either limit the number of participants 10-12 people for a course, or we choose the option of adding an extra instructor for classes of more than that number.
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 800, NOK/SEK 6,500 or DKK 4,800 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900, NOK/SEK 7,200 or DKK 5,400.*
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership two-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,500 or DKK 9,000 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,650, NOK 15,900 or DKK 10,000.
- All Prices are excl. Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 190, NOK/SEK 1.600 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at email@example.com, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 65, NOK/SEK 550 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…
*Except for the Agile Lean Leadership Executive Course which is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 825, USD 1000, NOK/SEK 8,300 or DKK 6,100 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 920, USD 1,100, NOK/SEK 9,300 or DKK 6,800.*