Agile Lean Leadership (ALL) is a set of courses and services introducing Leadership based on values and principles of Agile and Lean. The Agile and Lean patterns found in Scrum and other Agile disciplines are generalized so they can be used throughout the whole organization, when scaling out. The Agile Lean Leadership (ALL) course program currently consists of six one-day courses:
See list of public courses here....
Appetizers are free, roughly one hour presentations
This introduction gives people a good understanding of Agile Lean Leadership (ALL), its background and benefits. Also why it is necessary to break out of the Neo-Tayloristic mindset of hierarchies.
The presentation gives participants a clear understanding of the practical details that can and should be addressed in organizations using Agile Lean Leadership (ALL).
Overview of courses
An introduction to the background, the mindset, the principles and the structure of Scrum, Kanban and general Agile and Lean principles. The course provides an understanding of constant improvement, empirical process control, self-organizing teams, sense-making and tackling complexity. Estimation and risk assessment is covered together with basic prioritization.
#1a Scrum Master/XO Role
The principles and practices of the role, focusing on the internal workings of the Team or the Circle. This course focuses on the role of the "Executive Officer", the "Scrum Master", the “Team Master”, the "Coach" , the "Road Clearer" or the "COO". This person looks at the internals of the organization, the people, the processes and the patterns of behavior, always optimizing and removing impediments, always focusing on learning.
#1b Product Owner/CO Role
The principles and practices of the role, focusing on the customer, the client or the beneficiary of the Team or the Circle. This course focuses on the role of the "Commanding Officer", the “Team Captain”, the Scrum "Product Owner" or the "CEO". This person is responsible for value creation, return on investment and is always looking out. He or she focuses on customers, competitors and society at large, aiming to create as much value as possible with the available resources (including time).
A thorough discussion of the fundamental ALL patterns for building an organization that is fast, reliable, resilient and innovative. It is about making change happen and addresses the Agile Context, leadership requirements, characteristics and building blocks of the organization. The goal is to develop that special culture based on trust, constant improvement, pride of workmanship, intrinsic motivation and organization for complexity. How to launch initiatives to make this culture emerge.
A compact introduction to the background and the mindset in Scrum, Agile and Lean plus the core patterns of ALL, courses #1, #2 and #4 combined. Learn different monitoring, estimation, risk assessment and basic prioritization techniques. Learn the fundamental patterns for building an organization that is fast, reliable, resilient and innovative. How to organize for complexity, developing trust, constant improvement, pride of workmanship and intrinsic motivation.
A course of practical patterns, templates and methods to take ALL into daily use and development. How to design an organization and scale up across many teams, projects and initiatives. Starting from the periphery, with real customers and working towards the service teams in the center. How to handle and escalate service requests, opportunities and issues. How to tackle crisis in an agile organization. The mundane business of employment, contracts and hard constraints (legislation for example).
#5 Teams (XO Advanced)
An introduction to the principles and practices of the Agile Team and how to be a Team Member. The Team holds the exact skills and competencies and creates the concrete solutions. How to adapt to working in a Team and in Circles. What to do at the personal level. Some people might prefer to work mostly alone, in an expert role, this becomes a sort of one-man team. How to participate in the constant improvement and the learning organization, accepting challenges and growing new areas of competences, working for transparency and mutual respect.
#6 Specifications (CO Advanced)
An in-depth specification course, of practices and techniques for achieving common understanding and clarifying specifications of complex jobs. Reaching a common understanding of "Why", "What" needs to be done "When" for "Who" when working on highly complex assignments. Traditional specification methods are not sufficient, creating too many misunderstandings, leading to expensive rework or unintended side-effects. Techniques to communicate are taught, user stories, state event tables, story maps, acceptance criteria etc. Meetings and review sessions, how to lead and facilitate those.
- The Appetizers #1 and #2 are beneficial but are not a prerequisite for the other courses.
- Course #1 is a prerequisite for course #2, which can also be fulfilled by a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course.
- Course #1 is a prerequisite for course #1a and #1b.
- Course #1a is a prerequisite for course #5, which can also be fulfilled by a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) course.
- Course #1b is a prerequisite for course #6, which can also be fulfilled by a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course.
- Course #2 is a prerequisite for course #4.
- Course #3 is a combination of #1, #2 and #4 for executives who are less concerned about Scrum, Kanban and Agile at the Team level.
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public ALL one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 720 or DKK 4,950 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900 or DKK 5,400.
- Each public Public ALL-Certified to-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,350 or DKK 9,450 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,500 or DKK 10,450.
- All Prices are excluding Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 180 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at email@example.com. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 60 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…