Scrum Master Advanced Training
The Advanced Scrum Master course expands on relevant Scrum Master-related topics, equipping Scrum Masters to handle the inherent challenges and diverse tasks of the important Scrum Master role.
The course adds on the original Scrum Master course with advanced theory, practice reflection, and opportunities for discussion and problem-solving.
It is primarily for Scrum Masters with some experience, who has challenges they would like to receive help to resolve and a desire to help their teams, even more, to grow to their maximum potential.
Sign up for this course to take your Scrum Master skills to the next level!
- The Shu-Ha-Ri of Scrumasterism
- Psychological Safety
- Overcoming non-engaged Team Members
- Getting PDSA and OODA feedback loops to work in the Team
Serving the Product Owner
- Keeping the Product Owner and Team on the same page
- Supporting the Product Owner in sensemaking of Stakeholder’s requests, Team needs, organizational needs and not to forget the Product Owner’s own needs
- Acting as deputy to the Product Owner with Stakeholders and Team
- Working with appropriate process and workflow for Requirements handling
- Getting PDSA and OODA feedback loops to work with the Stakeholders
- Working with the Organization to create clarity of Goals, Progress and Impediments, Artifacts, and meetings.
- Working with the Organization to create clarity around the Organization’s goals, risks, and Roadmap
- Working with the Organization to create clarity around the working agreements with other parts of the Organization: Delegations, escalations, and Sponsorship
- Getting PDSA and OODA feedback loops to work with the Organization
Advancing Psychological Safety and Trust
- Starting with the Team, establish the agreed simple rules of conduct and interaction, including non-threatening signals to stop up and reflect.
- Improving predictability and honoring commitments increases trust in the organization
- Establish clear and simple working agreements with the surrounding organization
- Necessary endings. Sometimes a situation has to find an ending for the Team to move on
Advancing Transparency and Common Understanding
- Working on the Artifacts. There may be extra ones that might be helpful for the Team or the Stakeholders.
- Being aware of the interplay between trust and transparency without one the other cannot grow. What is holding transparency back?
- Engaging with managers to establish an understanding of the necessity of this clarity in the organization – also of their work.
- Techniques, templates and metrics for the toolbox.
Advancing Engagement, Learning and Growth
- Establishing an Operational Resolution Circle (Scrum of Scrum Masters) to resolve issues that are out the reach for single teams/Circles
- Establishing Secondary Circles, communities of interest.
- Establishing ways of understanding people’s desires and aspirations, how can we help them get there? Or are we growing apart?
- Establishing a forum for debating and clarifying leadership structures, mandates (who decides), how can people be involved for the benefit of all. It is so easy to fall back in the track of power and ruling by fear.
Physical courses start at 09:00 and end at approximately 17:00 and include meals and refreshments.
The price for this course is DKK 5,400/€ 720 including certification and a two-year membership of the Agile Lean Leadership Standard Network.
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 800, NOK/SEK 6,500 or DKK 4,800 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900, NOK/SEK 7,200 or DKK 5,400.*
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership two-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,500 or DKK 9,000 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,650, NOK 15,900 or DKK 10,000.
- All Prices are excl. Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 190, NOK/SEK 1.600 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at email@example.com. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 65, NOK/SEK 550 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…
*Except for the Agile Lean Leadership Executive Course which is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 825, USD 1000, NOK/SEK 8,300 or DKK 6,100 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 920, USD 1,100, NOK/SEK 9,300 or DKK 6,800.*